The Twirly Skorts sewing pattern is a summer must have! Your little ones can wear a pretty, twirly skirt and still be able to run, jump, climb and play hard without you having to worry about a wardrobe malfunction. The built-in shorts underneath provide the modesty you desire, while your little ones can twirl to their heart’s content. The wide size range, four skirt options, and the added bonus of being able to sew the skirt and shorts separately makes it a versatile pattern that you can use over and over again for years to come. The four skirt options are a plain skirt, a skirt with inseam pockets, a skirt with inset pockets, and a tiered skirt (3 tiers).
The Twirly Skorts pattern includes sizes 3 month – 14 years. This is a beginner level knit pattern that is best used with medium to medium/light weight fabric. Both 2-way and 4-way stretch fabrics work well. Avoid really light-weight knit fabrics.
There’s even more! Also included in this pattern:
- Completely computer drafted and graded pattern pieces for every piece you need to cut, including the rectangular pieces.
- A detailed chart of the dimensions of the rectangular pattern pieces in case you do not want to print them.
- Pattern maps to aid in assembling the pattern.
- A detailed chart on what pages to print for each size and option so you do not have to use more paper and ink than necessary.
- Detailed sizing and finished measurement information to make sure you can easily sew a skirt that fits.
- Tips and instructions on adjusting the pattern for hard-to-fit children.
- Thorough full tutorials for each option with detailed colored pictures for most steps.
- Clickable links throughout to make navigating the pattern on a computer or device as easy as pie.
- A page containing tips on sewing with knits for those new to knits.
- A page of cutting layout suggestions.
- A detailed fabric requirements chart.
- Abridged instructions for experienced sewists or as a reminder after you’ve sewn it once.
- Measurements listed in SAE and metric
As with all of my patterns, please feel free to sell anything you make using this pattern. I only ask that you not sell or share the actual pattern/tutorial itself as it is protected under copyright law.
Due to the electronic nature of this product there are no returns or exchanges.
I LOVE customer appreciation pics so share them with me if you’d like!